(In Pictures) Take A Glance On Events To Be Happened On 68th Republic Day 2017
Hello Defence Lovers, India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. Republic Day is the symbol of true spirit for the independent India where military parades, exhibiting military equipments, salute to the national flag by the Indian president and variety of events are take place at this day. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day. Thereafter 26th of January was decreed a national holiday and was recognised as the Republic Day of India. On 26th of January, 2017, Indian Celebrates its 68th Republic Day.
- As Independence Day in India is celebrated to enjoy the freedom of India from the British Rule,
- Republic Day in India is celebrated to commemorate the coming of its own constitution into force.
- Officially it is celebrated every year in the national capital of India (New Delhi) at the Rajpath in the presence of the President of India.
- Mini celebrations are also take place in the state capitals in the presence of the governor of the state by spreading out the National Flag of the country.
- January 26 is declared as the gazetted holiday all over the country by the Government of India. It is celebrated throughout the India with great enthusiasm by the students and teachers in the schools, colleges, universities and other educational institution.
- An excellent parade and salute event is held by the military team at the Rajpath in front of the India Gate in the New Delhi, India.
What Special To Be Happened on 68th Republic day 2017, Know Here
- The crown prince of Abu Dhabi (Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan) will be the chief guest on 26th of January 2017 (Republic Day Parade of India) at Rajpath, New Delhi.
- There is a surprising debut show at Rajpath performed by the National Security Guard (NSG – a team of 140 commandos) on this Republic Day to represent their brilliant skills during the parade.
- The surprising debut by NSG will include activities like singing the NSG anthem (written by Gulzaar – “Hain Na Hai Na Hum Hindustan, Hum Rang Rang Hain, Phir Bhi Sang Hain”) to show the India’s counter terror force.
Also Read, How To Be A Para Commando
- A Performance by anti-hijack team, anti-sabotage team, Combat free-fallers.
- A Performance by CBRNE Team – An advanced terror fighting force of commandos wearing radiation protective suit for protection from chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear terror threats or attack, and deep divers (can kill enemies under water).
- There is also a debut of an NSG vehicle is (Sherpa – a bullet proof armoured anti hijacking vehicle). It is itself a commando, can resist powerful explosions and go under water too.
- The venue of Republic Day Parade, Rajpath will be decorated with rows of potted plants of Date Palm (Pyramid like structure of palm leaves covered with moss) to heartily welcome the guest from UAE. UAE is one of the top cultivators of date palm all over the world and dates are its national fruit. UAE also hosts an annual International Date Palm Festival.
Also Read, How To Be A NSG Commando
How Republic Day is Celebrated
- Events and celebrations are organized with great effort by the Government of India already to celebrate the Republic Day in the Capital.
- A huge and grand military parade is held in the New Delhi at Rajpath as well as the state capitals. Participants from the Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and traditional dance group takes part in the parades.
- Parade held in the New Delhi starts especially when prime minister of the India offer garland at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate.
- It is done to commemorate all the sacrifices of the Indian army soldiers while saving their country.
- The military salute is taken by the President of India during the parade in the Capital whereas military salute is taken by the state governors in the state capitals.
- At this special day, a foreign head of the state become chief guest of the president.
- National awards (Maha Veer Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Param Veer Chakra, Veer Chakra) and bravery medals are also distributed at this day to the soldiers of armed forces, common people and students from the school.
- Armed forces helicopters do parade in the surrounding area of the India Gate to shower the rose petals over audience.
- Armed Forces staff performs the motorcycle rides whereas the staff from the Indian Air Force perform fly parade through the fighter planes (making tri color of the Indian Flag by the smoke) for offering the honour salute to the president.
- Special security is organized at this day because of the huge crowed and prevent the common people from any problem.