NSG To Deploy Female Black Cat Commandos
Hello Defence Lovers, The National Security Guard (NSG) is an Indian special force unit under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).The Black Cats had earlier successfully killed the Lashkar-e-Toiba attackers in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, an operation which was seen live by the whole world. After the Central Government’s positive inclination to the IAF chief Arup Raha’s announcement of allowing women to fly fighter jets comes a landmark development in the form of a decision taken by one of India’s finest security forces. Soon, National Security Guards (NSG), whose commandos are popularly known as ‘Black Cats’, will deploy its women commandos in anti-terror operations and counter-hijack operations along with their male counterparts.
Also Read, How To Be A NSG Commando
- Women commandos are as tough and battle-hardy as the other commandos and in the future there is scope for their deployment in combat roles like counter-terrorism and anti-hijack operations.
- Director General of NSG RC Tayal said there is no discrimination between the procedure for induction of male and women commandos in the federal contingency force.
- The quality of training imparted to both women and male commandos is also similar. Agreeing with the same, officials at NSG said that women commandos, who are already on critical assignments like VIP security and high-security drills, are combat-ready for high-risk operations related to terror attacks and other contingencies.
- The NSG has a small team of 25 woman ‘black cats’ at present in its ranks and they have been trained in firing high-caliber assault weapons, unarmed combat and commando survival skills.
- For the first time, Black Cats demonstrated a counter plane hijacking drill at its Manesar base in the wake of threats from outfits like Islamic State and Al-Qaida.
- Emphasising on the constant need to upgrade both techniques and tactics in order to face the new challenges, Tayal said a number of initiatives have been undertaken during the last one year.
Also Read, How To Be A PARA Commando
Get Best PARA Commando Fan T-Shirt
- NSG has also trained as many as 16 special forces of 22 States/Union Territories that have raised such specialised units. This will help in tackling counter-terror and anti-hijack operations better as they can handle such contingencies being the first responders to such challenges before the NSG reaches the site.
- Union Home Ministry has approved a Rs 664-crore modernisation plan for the commando force which will be utilised over a period of five years.
- Amount of Rs 533 crore is also expected to be sanctioned for the creation of a NSG regional centre in Hyderabad on a 600-acres land.
Best Book Recommended By Us For Defence Lovers
- As a specialized counter terrorism force, it is intended for use only in exceptional situations.
- The NSG Commandos are the best in India and rank amongst the top 5 in the world of elite special forces.