Life Of Indian Navy Personnel In Submarine
Hello Defence Lovers, The elite arm of submarines is for those who yearn for the exclusive challenge of operating below the surface of the oceans in highly technical and powerful submarines. With this article lets have a look at life of Indian navy personnel at submarine.
Also Read, How To Join Indian Navy As A Sailor
- Life on board submarines is a life amidst hi-tech war machines which have awesome firepower, state-of-the-art weapon control system, computer controlled machinery and a high standard of habitability.
- Serving on a submarine is no cake walk. The first task after going underwater is to ensure that there are no leaks in the boat.
- The crew spends 16 to 18 hours to man the boat. The schedule is divided into short hour segments for sleeping and keeping watch.
- Personnel for this elite arm are taken from various branches subject to their volunteering and clearing the aptitude test and medical standards.
- The major responsibility of the submarines in peace time is to train for war as effectively as possible, in the knowledge that this will contribute to its prevention.
- On successful completion of rigorous training, one becomes a proud possessor of the ‘Dolphin Badge” and a member of a very elite arm of the Navy.
- Submarines of the Indian Navy are highly sophisticated and technologically advanced platforms.
- On board submarines, men work with state-of-the art weapons, navigational systems, communication sets, diving equipment, etc.
- The art of submarine warfare involves having a good understanding of own capabilities and limitations and be able to turn them to own advantage.
- In order to fulfill the aim of using the submarine as an instrument of tactical warfare, personnel go through many years of rigorous practice in the art of operating weapon and sensors.
- It takes time to adjust to the conditions. Life in the metal tube is not easy as the crew does not have enough beds.
- The crews uses disposable, medicated clothing, which they change once in four-days.