January 2019- Major Indian Defence Events For Defence Exam Preparation
Hello Defence Lovers, If you are preparing for any defence exam than this article will helps you in your exam preparation. In this article we covered all major events which occurred in the month of January 2019.
- New chairman for the Ordnance Factory Board: Saurabh Kumar has been appointed as the Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) in Kolkata.
- Norms for the manufacturing of defence items relaxed: The government has relaxed norms for the manufacturing of the defence items. As per new norms, manufacturing of items of defence aerospace and warships will now be covered by Industries (Development and Regulation) Act and will not require any licence from the Commerce and Industry Ministry.
- Kumar Rajesh Chandra appointed Director General of the Sashastra Seema Bal: The appointment of Kumar Rajesh Chandra as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. As per the notification, he would continue in the post up to 31.12.2021 i.e. date of his retirement on superannuation or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Kumar Rajesh Chandra is a 1985 batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre.
- Defence India Start-up Challenge: The Defence India Startup Challenge has been launched by the Defence Innovation Organisation to boost innovations under the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) scheme. The initiative has been launched with support from the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, Atal Innovation Mission and NITI Aayog.
- Light Combat Helicopter Completes Weapon Trials: The indigenously designed and developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) of India has successfully carried out air-to-air missile firing. It was for the first time in India that a helicopter had carried out air to air missile engagement.
- India-Myanmar bilateral army exercise, IMBEX 2018-19: On 14th January 14 2019, the 2nd edition of India-Myanmar bilateral Army exercise ‘IMBEX 2018-19’ has commenced at Chandi Mandir military station in Haryana that houses the headquarters of the Western Command of the Indian Army.
- Women to get 20% jobs in Military Police: The Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the decision to induct women in Personnel Below Officer Rank, PBOR, role in Corps of Military Police.The women will be inducted in a graded manner to eventually comprise 20% of total Corps of Military Police. Accordingly, the Army chalked out induction of approximately 800 women in military police with a yearly intake of 52 personnel per year.
- Diffo Bridge of Arunachal Pradesh Inaugurated: The Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 426.60 m long Pre Stressed Concrete Box Girder type Diffo bridge over Diffo river on Roing – Koronu- Paya road in Arunachal Pradesh. The bridge was inaugurated on 18 January 2019. The bridge which has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will provide uninterrupted access between Dibang valley and Lohit valley region of Eastern Arunachal Pradesh and an all-weather road to the troops deployed on the China Border.
- National conference on Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing: National Conference on Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing is organised at Hyderabad. The National Conference is being held by Forum for Integrated National Security in association with Indigenous Defence Entrepreneurs Association.
- PM Modi inaugurates manufacturing facility for K9 Vajra self-propelled Howitzer guns in Hazira: On 19th January 2019 the Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Armoured Systems Complex (ASC), developed by Larsen & Toubro (L&T) at Hazira near Surat in Gujarat. This Armoured Systems Complex (ASC) is the country’s first private facility where the K9 Vajra self-propelled Howitzer guns will be manufactured.
- Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor Inaugurated: On 20th January 2019 Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor , taking a step forward to boost indigenous production of defence equipment. During the inauguration, investments worth over Rs 3,038 crore in this defence corridor were announced. Lockheed Martin, a global security giant, also announced its intention to invest in the corridor.
- Sea-Vigil Navy Exercise: Indian Navy undertook a first of its kind multi-agency drill, covering the entire 7,516 km-long Indian coastline and exclusive economic zone and involving 13 coastal states and Union Territories to check the efficacy of maritime security and surveillance- Sea Vigil 2019. From 22nd January 2019 to 23rd January 2019.
- Indian Africa Field Training Exercise: Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) will be held at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.The modalities for the IAFTEX were discussed in the conference held between 23-24 January 2019. The conference saw attendance from delegates of Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger and Zambia.
- India, Japan undertake Disaster Control Exercise: On 23rd January 2019 the coast guards of India and Japan undertook disaster control, search and rescue exercises off the coast of Yokohama in Japan. India had hosted the Japanese ships for the exercise last year and this time Japan is hosting the exercise. ICGS Shaunak is the main Indian ship taking part in the drills.
- LRSAM Successfully Tested from coast of Odisha: India on 24th January 2019 successfully flight tested Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) from a warship off western coast. The missile destroyed a low flying aerial target paving way for its deployment in the armed forces. LRSAM has been jointly developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India and M/s Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) for the Indian Navy.
- Navy Commissions New Base INS Kohassa: Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba on 24th January 2019 commissioned INS Kohassa into the Indian Navy at the Shibpur Naval Air Station in North Andaman Island.
|CDS English eBook||Indian Defence Rewind 2018 eBook (Special Edition)|
|CDS Maths eBook||Current Affairs eBook (Jan 2019)|
|CDS G.K. eBook||Current Affairs eBook (Dec 2018)|
|AFCAT eBook||Current Affairs eBook (Nov 2018)|