Indian Navy Grade Pay & Salary Chart After 7th Pay Commision
Hello Defence Lovers, The crux of Indian Navy is about defending the country against external threats through waters. Then it not only defends the country from ocean-headed threats but provides smart intelligence regarding all defence related matters it gathers from a variety of sources. The Indian Naval officers are entitled to fairly decent salary ranges, with variations based on their ranks and other factors presumably.
- Indian Navy is the fifth largest armed force in the world, represent the naval branch of IAF. It is one of the largest armed forces in India.
- Millions of work under several positions in Navy where the president of India holds the rank of Supreme Commander.
- Along with pay scale, grade pay and allowances for naval officers , they also get quite a bunch of attractive perk as well.
Career in Indian Navy :
- As compared to other profession in the civilian world, the Indian Navy has a great deal to offer to young men and women.
- Men in white command dignity and respect and are always in high spirits as the service offers personal, financial, emotional security and status in the society.
- It gives an individual the opportunity to display leadership skills and bestows one with a tremendous amount of responsibility at a very young age.
- The Navy provides countless opportunities ranging from being in charge of part of a ship to flying an aircraft or looking after one department on the ship/establishment independently.
- An officer at a very young age assumes the responsibility of commanding his men and use of latest equipment on the ships/submarines/aircraft.
- Working in the latest technology environment, the young officers are exposed to the very best in their field of operations.
- The cutting edge technology and Revolution in Military Affairs makes the career very challenging in the Indian Navy.
- It is the only service that operates regularly with the other navies of the world. This not only helps in professional expertise of an individual but provides opportunities to exhibit our talent with pride all across the world.
- For those who seek fulfilment in life, there is no career like the Navy.
- It offers an attractive pay package, perks, life time pension, medical benefits for self and family.
Why Do We Need A Navy ?
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, our first Prime Minister, had rigtly said,” To be secure on Land, we must be Supreme at Sea”.
- This famous quote always remind us that we are primarily a Maritime Nation.
- A strong navy is an important element of every Maritime Nation.
- India has a coast line of about 7500 km and an Exclusive Economic Zone(EEZ) of over 2 million sq kms.
- In addition, we are endowed with abundant oceanic wealth comprising a large number of island territories and vast sea bed area, over 97 % of our national trade is carried by sea routes! We must protect our natural wealth and keep our trade routes open in order to progress and per.
- It is therefore, imperative that India maintains a strong Navy which is always in a high state of preparedness.
- Of all the diverse elements that go into the making of a strong and effective Navy, no single factor is as important as its men.
- For the Navy to be world class, it requires top rate officers and men. And you could just be the one the Navy is looking for.
- Putting it simply, the nation needs the Navy and the Navy needs the best of you.
Also Read, Indian Navy – A Global Force for Good
Indian Navy Ranks
|Sub Lieutenant||5400||PB-3/ 15,600-39,100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander||6600||PB-3/ 15,600-39,100||6000|
|Rear Admiral||10,000||PB-4/ 37,400-67,000||–|
|Vice Admiral||–||HAG-Scale/ 67,000-79,000||–|
|Vice Admiral & Equivalent||–||HAG-Scale/ 75,500-80,000||–|
|VCNS or C-IN-C or Equivalent||–||APEX 80,000||–|
|Admiral or Equivalent||–||90,000||–|
Indian Navy Officers Perks and Benefits :
- Free Medical Facilities For Self And Family
- Canteen Facilities
- Free Ration
- Mess / Club / Sports Facilities
- Group Insurance
- Furnished Govt. Accomodation At Best Location
- Pension With All Benefits
- 60 Days Of Paid Annual Leave
- 20 Days Of Paid Casual Leave
- Leave Encashment – Upto 300 Days
Indian Navy Sailors Salary :
Pay In Pay Band (Rs.)
Grade Pay (Rs.)
‘X’ Group Pay (Rs.)
|Apprentice||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2000||2000||1400|
|Artificer V||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2400||2000||1400|
|Artificer IV||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2800||2000||1400|
|Art III – I||PB-2||9300-34800||3400||2000||1400|
Rank wise pay scale of ‘Y’ Group (SSR/MR/NMR) :
Pay In Pay Band (Rs.)
Grade Pay (Rs.)
|Seaman II||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2000||2000|
|Seaman I||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2400||2000|
|Leading Seaman||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2800||2000|
|Petty Officer||PB-1||5200 – 20200||2800||2000|
|Chief Petty Officer||PB-2||9300-34800||4200||2000|
Allowance for Indian Navy Sailors :
To Whom Granted
Rate Per Month (On The Basis Of Rank)
|Instructional||Deputed as Instructor at Training
Establishments/ institutes listed in Govt. letter
|Marine Commando||Qualified as MARCO||10500-12600|
|Diving||Ships Diver, Clearance Diver I, II & III||600-900|
|Sea Duty||Sailors serving onboard ships (Sailing Only)||3000-5400|
|Hard Area||Sailors posted in Nicobar and Lakshadeep Group of Islands||25% of Pay in Pay Band+GP+MSP|
|CILQ||Married sailors not alloted Govt. Married Accomodation||2400-8100 (On the basis of Classification of Cities & Rank)|
|Transport||All Sailors||(400-1600) + DA|
Indian Naval Commands :
Western Naval Command
The Western Naval Command, headquartered at Mumbai is headed by Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Western Naval Command, which has units in Gujarat, Goa, Karwar and Mumbai.
Eastern Naval Command
The Eastern Naval Command is based at Visakhapatnam. It is headed by Flag Officer Commanding In Chierf, ENC and has units and authorities in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Southern Naval Command
The Southern Naval command, based at Kochi, is headed by Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command has units and authorities in Chilka, Coimbatore, Ezhimala, Goa, Jamnagar, Lonavala, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Kochi.