60 Most Important History Questions For NDA 2018
Hello Defence Lovers, The NDA 1 2018 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on Apr 22, 2018. Time is running out of the hand by the second. In this article we have provided the most important history questions which help the aspirants in their preparation.
- The Special Congress Session held in 1920 at Calcutta was presided over by
Ans- LaIa Lajpat Rai
2. Who died as political prisoner in Lahore prison?
3. The Revolt of 1857 in Awadh and Lucknow was led by:
Ans- Begum Hazrat Mahal
4. The master stroke of Lord Wellesley to establish British paramountcy in India was
Ans- Subsidiary Alliance
5. Who coined the term Neolithic?
Ans- John Lubbock
6. Which of the following was not founded by Dr.B. R. Ambedkar?
Ans- Deccan Education Society
7. In the ‘individual Satyagraha’, Vinoba Bhave was chosen as the first Satyagrahi. Who was the second?
Ans- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
8. The procedure for the amendment of the Constitution is laid down in
Ans- Articles 368
9. The Union Executive consists of
Ans-The President, The Prime Minister , The Council of Ministers and Attorney General of India
10. The provisions of financial emergency has been laid down in
Ans- Article 360
11. The Administrative Head of the Cabinet Secretariat is
Ans- Cabinet Secretary
12. The first President of the Constituent Assembly of India was
Ans- Rajendra Prasad
13. Who is known as the Father of the Constitution of India
Ans- B. R. Ambedkar
14. Article 1 of the Constitution of India describes India as
Ans- Union of States
15. In which Article is it mentioned that no person shall be compelled to pay any taxes for the promotion of a particular religion
Ans- Article 27
16. As per Article 44 the state shall endeavour to secure for all the citizen
Ans- A Uniform Civil Code
17. The 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act of 1992 gave Constitutional recognition to the panchayats by adding a
Ans- A new Part IX and a new Schedule 11 to the Constitution
18. Power of President to promulgate ordinances during recess of Parliament is enshrined in
Ans- Articles 123
19. The concept of ‘Procedure established by Law’ as incorporated in the Constitution of India is borrowed from
Ans- Japanese Constitution
20. In which schedule to the Constitution of India is the division of power between the Union and the States in terms of the Union List and the State List Laid down
Ans- Seventh Schedule
Also Read, How To Prepare Mathematics For NDA 2018?
21. In which case did the Supreme Court hold that the Preamble is not the part of the Constitution
Ans- The Berubari Union Case (1960)
22. Maulvi Ahmad ullahwas the leader of the 1857 Revolt of
23. Which section of Indian population did not support the 1857 Revolt
Ans- Educated Middle Class
24. In whose vice royalty the partition of Bengal effected
Ans-Lord Curzon’s Viceroyalty
25. Which two leaders were popularly known as ‘no-changers’
Ans- Rajendra Prasad and C.Rajagopalachari
26. The ChamparanSatyagrah was against the
Ans- Indigo planters
27. The Lahore Congress which passed the resolution of ‘Poorna Swaraj’ was presided over by
Ans- Jawaharlal Nehru
28. Which island territory was called the ‘Swaraj’ by the INA
Ans- The Nicobar
29. Where did Gandhi call the Congress Working Committee to announce the suspension of Non-Cooperation movemen
30. Of the following who did not oppose the Non-cooperation resolution?
31. Khilafat Movement was organised by
Ans- Ali Brothers
32. Dyer was ______ by the Government of Britain.
Ans- Relieved of his service
33. TheDyarchy which was introduced on 1921 In province a was in force till the year
34. Who gave the slogan ‘InquilabZindabad’
Ans- Bhagat Singh
35. Which Article grants protection to persons who are arrested or detained
Ans- Article 22
36. The Article 40 which required the state to organize village panchayats and endow them with necessary powers and authority to enable them to function as units of self-government is part of
Ans- Directive Principal of State Policy
37. The law which aims at protecting the monument, places, and objects of national importance is
Ans- The Ancient and Historical Monument and Archaelogical Sites and Remains Act(1951)
38. The Cabinet is the nucleus of power in
39. The foremost basic features of the Constitution of India includes
Ans- Supremacy of the Constitution, Independence of Judiciary, Rule of Law, Principle of Equality, Judicial Review and Secularism
40. President of India can be reelected
Ans-For any number of terms
Also Check, Best Ever Books To Crack NDA 2018 Exam
41. The Linguistic Provinces Commission appointed under the Chairmanship of S.K.Dhar in 1948 recommended the reorganisation of states on the basis of
Ans- Administrative Convenience rather than linguistic factor
42. The state which is neutral in matter of religion and does not uphold any particular religion as the state religion is called
Ans- Secular State
43. Which article authorises the Parliament to form a new state by separation of territory from any state ?
Ans- Article 3
44. The three words which were added in the Preamble to the Constitution of India by the 42ndConstitutional Amendment Act 1976 are
Ans- Socialist, secular and integrity
45. Article 1 describes India that is Bharat as
Ans- A union of states
46. Part XVII of the Constitution deals with
Ans- Emergency Provision
47. Right to freedom of religion as enshrined in Articles 25-28 includes
Ans- Freedom of Conscience, and free profession, practice, and propagation of religion
48. The right to move the Supreme Court for the enforcement of fundamental right including the writs of habeas corpus, mandamus, prohibition, certiorari and quo warranto is the part of
Ans- Right to Constitutional Remedies
49. The right to acquire, hold and dispose of os property was deleted from the chapter of fundamental right by
Ans- The 44th Constitutional Amendment Act of 1978
50. Who founded two Home leagues in 1916
Ans- Annie Besant and B.G.Tilak
51. Who was the first Muslim President of Indian National Congress?
Ans- Badruddin Tyabji
52. Who among the following died after falling in the game of Chaugan (Polo)?
Ans– Qutbuddin Aibak
53. Who was the Guru of legendary musician Tansen?
Ans– Swami Haridas
54. Indo Greeks were the first one to issue ________ in India.
Ans– Gold Coins
55. Who was the first Muslim ruler to attack South India?
Ans– Alauddin Khilji
56. Which animal is found in maximum number in seals of Indus civilization
57. Ibn Batutah visited India during the reign of
Ans– Muhammad Bin Tughlaq
58. Which of the following was not founded by Dr.B. R. Ambedkar?
Ans- Deccan Education Society
59. Upanishads are books on
60. This act aroused a gesture of popular indignation that led to the annihilation by the British at Jallianwala Bagh. Identify the act from the given options?
Ans- Vernacular Press Act