How To Join Indian Navy Submarine Arm
Hello Defence Lovers, The life of an Indian Navy Officer is full of adventures and challenges, however, it comes with its own perks and perquisites, and undertaking deep sea missions in a submarine gives an officer unmatched thrill and pride. Adventure of exploring deep into the ocean is unique. Combine it with hi-tech fire power, state-of-the-art control systems and high standard of habitability and what you get is most esteemed arm of the Indian Navy “The Submarine Arm”. The Submarine Arm of Indian Navy is the most esteemed Navy unit, a submarine is one of the most sophisticated state of the art machinery with deep sea diving capabilities clubbed with State of the art monitoring and control systems with enormous firepower.
Also Read, Life Of Indian Navy Personnel In Submarine
- The candidates must possess at least 55% marks in BE/B Tech Degree in any one of the following streams:-
(1.) Submarine Engineer Officer: Mechanical / Marine / Automotive / Mectronics / Industrial & Production / Metallurgy / Aeronautical / Aerospace / BSMarine.Engg / Instrumentation / Instrumentation and control / Automation & Robotics / Industrial Engg and Management and Production Engg.
(2.) Submarine Electrical Office: Electrical / Electronics / Control / Telecommunication / Instrumentation / Power Engg / Electronics & Communication / Control System / Power Electronics.
How To Apply:
- Candidates possessing the required qualifications can apply for the Indian Navy through the following process:
(1.) Through NDA/NA: After clearing the 10+2 with PCM, a candidate can apply for NDA and NA examination.On selection, candidates have to undergo 4 years of training and then they can volunteer for the Submarine Arm.
(2.) CDS Entry Scheme: CDSE (Graduate) entry is through a written examination conducted by the UPSC, followed by an interview by the Service Selection Board (SSB).Here it is only one year of training and then volunteer for the Submarine Arm.
(3.) Direct Entry: Through direct entry scheme, candidates with Graduate degree in engineering in relevant disciplines may apply for SSC posts, candidates can specifically apply for the Submarine Arm.
Also Read, How To Join Indian Navy As A Sailor
- Selection procedure consists of two stages; candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the graduate examination, and then will be called for SSB interview.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception, and Discussion test.
- Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview and Medical fitness test.
- As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems
- Candidates selected for Submarine specialization, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval orientation course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments/ships. On completion of training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board.