Decoding The Badges Of MARCOS Commando
Hello Defence Lovers, The special forces, which form part of the Parachute Regiment, have a distinct insignia called Balidaan, which has a commando dagger pointed downwards, with upward-extending wings extending from the blade and a scroll superimposed on the blade with “Balidaan” inscribed in Devanagari; the whole in silver metal on an upright red plastic rectangle. Only the Para Commandos are allowed to wear the Balidaan Badge. But have you ever thought what do MARCOS Commandos get for supreme sacrifices. so in this article we will talk about the same.
- Balidaan badge is not a medal. It is certification of completion of the Para SF course which is worn as a badge of honor. Balidaan is only for the army personnel who are Para SF. Similarly Marcos have their own badge which has the national emblem, the open wings and dagger.
- This is only worn by Navy personnel who have become a Marco.
- Marcos is an extremely utra-classified unit so they don’t even wear their Marco badge most of the times.
Navy Seal Insignia:
- Those Marco who complete the BUDs training of Navy seals also wear the Navy seal insignia.
- Marco is the only unit in the entire armed forces of India who also can bear the Navy Seal insignia.
Also Read, How To Join The MARCOS Special Force
- Marcos also can bear Diver Badge which is common for all three SF depending on specialisation.
- MARCOS are especially trained for deep Aquatic Missions. They are so secretive. Nobody knows their identities and they look like regular people, as the regular armed forces haircut and uniform is not compulsory for them.
- Unnamed and uncredited, they are the silent protectors of our country.