Apply Now: CDS 2/2019 Notification, Registration, Exam Date
Hello Defence Lovers, UPSC has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination II 2019 (CDS Exam II 2019). UPSC CDS Exam 2019 (II) is held for recruiting candidates for course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2019 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
|Starting Date of Online Applications||12 June 2019|
|Last Date of Online Applications||08 July 2019|
|Date of examination||08 September 2019|
|Tentative Date for Result Declaration||December 2019|
|Duration of Exam||01 Day|
- (i) For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2001 only are eligible.
- (ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2001 only are eligible.
- (iii) For Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000) only are eligible.
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- (iv) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2001 only are eligible.
- (v) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2001.
NOTE : Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried malefor the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
- For Indian Army – For the army, the candidate must have a graduate degree form a recognised university.
- For Indian Navy – The candidate must possess a B.Tech / B.E. degree.
- For Indian Air Force – The candidates must either have a B.tech/ B.E. degree or a graduation degree with physics and maths studied as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
Note: Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Who Can Apply:
- Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- (i) a Citizen of India, or
- ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (iii) a subject of Nepal, or
- (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with theintention of permanently settling in India, or
- (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently
settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
How To Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Click on the UPSC CDS 2019 link
- In part I of the registration, submit your basic information.
- In part II, fill the payment details and choice of exam centre, upload your photo and sign
- Save it and take a print out for further reference