20 Ultimate Reasons To Join Indian Air Force
Hello Defence Lovers, Indian Air Force is the 4th largest in the world, just behind USA, Russia and Israel. It was officially established on 8 October 1932. The President of India Pranab Mukherjee serves as the ex-officio Commander-in-Chief of the IAF. The fourth largest air force in the world with approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,500 aircrafts. Though none of the Armed Force is lesser than the other yet Air Force has a charm of its own. Let us see 20 ultimate reasons to join IAF.
(1.) World Class :
- Indian Air Force is the best equipped air force across the world along with professional standards.
- Need proof of how massive it actually is? It has an approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,500 aircrafts.
- You have to be a little tough to join Army, a little intelligent to join the Navy, but a mix of both to join the IAF.
- The air force takes pride in its own capability to fly low and quickly, as well as to run under extreme conditions of temperature and elevation which range from the Thar Desert to the Siachen Glacier.
(2.) The Inspirational Motto :
- The Motto of the Indian Air Force “Touch the Sky with Glory” has been taken from Bhagvad Gita.
- This motto in itself is a reason enough to join this branch of the Armed Forces.
- The Sanskrit saying comes at a time in the Kurukshetra battle when Lord Krishna’s divine form is reaching the sky with glory, evoking fear and loss of self-control in Arjuna’s mind.
- The Indian Air Force, similarly, aims to overwhelm its adversaries with its sophisticated air power.
- Each word in the motto is filled with inspiration and honor.
(3.) Empowering Woman :
- Padmavathy Bandopadhyay was the first woman Air Marshal of the Indian Air Force.
- She had the distinction of being the first woman officer to become an aviation medicine specialist, the first Indian woman to have conducted scientific research at the North Pole and the distinction of being the first woman officer of the Indian Air Force to be promoted to the rank of Air Vice Marshal.
- She was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal for her meritorious service during the 1971 Indo-Pak conflict. A tough lady indeed.
(4.) Operation Rahat :
- The rescue operation was carried out by the Indian Air Force to evacuate civilians affected by the floods in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh in 2013.
- It was the biggest civilian rescue operation in the world carried out by any Air Force using helicopters.
- During the operation, the IAF airlifted a total of 19,600 people – flying a total of 2,140 sorties and dropping/landing a total of 3, 82,400 kg of relief material and equipment.
- The IAF repeated their heroics during the recent J&K floods, saving many lives again.
(5.) Everyone Is Equally important :
- Being a pilot is not the only way you can be a part of this institution.
- Even if you join it as an engineer, or as a ground staff, you’ll still get the chance of working amongst the sprawling and the thundering jets.
- You’ll be providing a valuable assistance to IAF.
(6.) Adventure On The Go :
- The number of adventure sports you can do, when in Air Force, is countless.
- Paragliding, skydiving, car rally, rafting are just a few names, the list is long.
- In no other job you’ll get a chance to enjoy all of this.
(7.) Rock Solid Job Security :
- A job in IAF is full of security, right from the security of the job to the security of your parents and family.
- You get amenities for them all.
(8.) War Time Hero :
- In every major war that India has fought the Air Force has played a crucial role. In the Kargil War, the IAF showed their superb adaptation capabilities in the face of unique operational challenges, which included enemy positions at elevations of 14,000 to 18,000 feet, a visually confusing backdrop of rocks and snow and a restriction against crossing the Line of Control that forms the border with Pakistan.
- In World War II, the IAF played a crucial role by stopping the Japanese army in Burma, and carrying out airstrikes against Japan in Thailand.
(9.) Money :
- Whether you agree or not, but money is important to live in this world.
- The pays and perks in IAF are not only enough but attractive. It’s not only the money but other perks too, which make it a whole package.
(10.) Style and the ‘Cool’ Factor :
- Can you find anybody more attractive than an officer, in the uniform, with the perfect manners and the amazing aviators.
- I can bet no! The style is not only about the uniform or the pipes; it is about the etiquettes and manners too.
- Not many people understand the style and charisma that sticks with the men in uniform. Belief me, there is nothing more appealing than a smart officer turned up in a crisp uniform.
- You can never buy that outfit outside. Like the Bournville ad, you have to earn it to understand it.
- The pride which comes along with wearing the uniform is out of the earth and you must experience it to understand it.
Also Read, Future Of Indian Air Force
(11.) Great Food at No Cost :
- If you are an unmarried officer, food is free of cost.
- Once married the ration used for the preparation are given to the officer at his doorstep free of cost.
- I don’t think any company can afford for such an arrangement to its employees.
- The AFSB food is the best food amongst any SSB selection center.
(12.) Scope for Higher Education :
- Can you name a company in the world which gives so much paid leave and pays its employee to pursue this quantum of studies.
- If you are a studious person, the this is the place for you to be.
- Technical Officers have the opportunity to pursue M.Tech from IIT Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai in their course of their career in the seats which are reserved for Armed Forces.
(13.) Respect Wherever You Go :
- The respect you will command from your soldiers, subordinates, the society and even your family is something you will never be able get in any profession.
- 100% of the time you will (even if you dont wish to) end up being a role model to your children.
(14.) First Priority Physical Fitness :
- Today no one thinks before joining a company in these lines – whether the job will allow me to be fit, play a sport, do some physical exercises or indulge for some fun time in physical activity/adventure activity.
- But job in the Indian Air force is all about what I have mentioned in the previous line.
- Your physical fitness is paramount to us. You can assure yourself a healthier lifestyle in this place.
(15.) Awesome Foreign Assignments :
- The MNCs have a way of tempting their workers to work more with the price tag of a foreign assignment.
- The poor souls slough their a** so much only to get an assignment to work in a foreign country for a few months.
- Whereas in the Indian Air force they send Officers with diplomatic visas to Foreign Countries as Defence Attaches in the Embassy as a peace posting. They give them an opportunity to actually chill out.
- You may get a chance to visit places out of India, entirely for work purpose.
(16.) Great Facilities For You And Your Family :
- The facilities like free schooling to children, free medical facilities to dependents, Canteen facilities, Car to senior officers, loan facilities, excellent accommodation wherever you are posted, free air tickets to you and all your family anywhere in India once in a year.
- Facilities like swimming pool, tennis court, squash courts, etc are part of your accommodation.
(17.) No CO Issues :
- While the Commanding Officers in Army are dreaded, in Air Force they are cool!
(18.) Permanent Commission For Women :
- IAF offers permanent commission to women, in some of its branches.
- So you don’t have to think of a different option after 10+4 years.
(19.) The Magical Words :
- Because ‘I am in IAF’ are the four most magical words anybody can ever hear.
(20.) Postings :
- Postings are not something which brings anxiety; because you get to visit new places, an adventure in itself, and almost all the stations have family accommodation.